The Wayne County Fair Trip is an Optional Trip for Senior Campers (campers entering 8-10th grade).
The trip is scheduled Thursday, August 8, 2024.
We'll leave camp after lunch at about noon and remain at the fair grounds until about 5:30pm at which time we'll return to camp for dinner at 6pm.
The Trip Fee is $45.00 which includes the price of admission to the Wayne County Fair, school bus transportation to and from the Fair.
To register for the Wayne County Fair Trip, log into your CampMinder account and proceed to Forms and Documents section. Next click the "Additional Options" form and go to the Trips Section and select the check box for the Wayne County Fair Trip and follow the instructions for completing and submitting the Wayne County Trip Agreement Form.
All senior campers attending the Wayne County Fair Trip are required to read and agree to the provisions in this agreement.
Parents are asked to read and explain the contents of this agreement to their camper prior to camp.
Camp Lohikan's Trip Director will review our trip policies with the seniors and notify them of certain potential hazards that are present during this trip.
1. All rules and regulations that apply at camp also apply on this trip.
2. Senior campers are representatives of Camp Lohikan and are expected to conduct themselves in a positive manner.
3. Campers attending the trip must wear an unaltered Camp Lohikan t-shirt at all times.
4.Campers are not permitted to talk to anyone who is not in a Lohikan t-shirt while at the fair.
5. Campers are not permitted to leave the fair grounds at any time.
6. Campers are not permitted to purchase or otherwise obtain any contraband while at the fair, e.g., animals/plants, firearms, knives, lewd pictures, inappropriate t-shirts, lighters, gum, fireworks, etc.
7. Campers must walk in groups of three or more while at the fair. If a camper is found without at least two buddies, they will spend the rest of the fair at the check-in site.
8. Campers must be on time for the mandatory check-in.
9. Violation of any of the above rules or any incident involving the Wayne County Fair management or security will prevent the camper from participation in future trips. Depending upon the severity of the violation, the camper may be dismissed from camp without a refund.
10. Participants will be oriented prior to departure concerning safety regulations, accident/first aid procedures, health practices, meeting places and times, and emergency communication procedures.
11. The reservation of space on this trip is contingent upon payment for the trip with the trip registration form. Reservations are taken on a first come, first serve basis. There is no refund of the trip fee if the camper later decides not to attend or is not taken on the trip because of rule violations.
12. The parent understands and certifies that their child’s participation in Camp Lohikan's Wayne County Fair Trip is completely voluntary and the parent has knowledge of the trip’s activities in which the camper will be participating. Parents recognize that certain hazards and dangers are inherent in the Wayne County Fair Trip, particularly, but not limited to, transportation, mingling with the public, amusement park rides, etc. Parents acknowledge that although Camp Lohikan has taken safety measures to minimize the risk of injury to camp participants, the Camp cannot ensure nor guarantee that the participants, equipment, premises, and/or activities will be free of hazards, accidents, illness, and/or injury and these risks are assumed..