We pay the BEST salaries
to recruit the BEST staff!
In addition to the BEST SUMMER SALARY available you can expect to receive the following:
- 1. Room and Board. College-age staff members live in modern cabins along with our campers. The cabins are well-maintained and fully equipped with bathrooms, showers, etc. Supervisors (i.e., professional teachers, coaches, etc.) are assigned private living accommodations. Children of our professional staff attend camp tuition-free.
- 2. Weekly laundry service is supplied. We do it for you!
- 3. You have NO EXPENSES in camp! When comparing camp salaries with those day jobs available back home or in the city, keep in mind that camp pays for your meals, accommodations, laundry and your entertainment when on camp. Don't forget how much you typically spend on weekends and going out with your friends back home. Staff members tell us that they are able to save most of their summer salary. At the end of the summer it goes right into the bank!
- 4. High Speed Internet Access. Stay in touch with family and friends!
- 5. Valuable Training. Staff orientation and in-service training sessions provide a strong foundation to assume summer responsibilities as well as responsibilities in the future. Employers will love to hear about your leadership roles, your position as a role model for children and your ability to work as a team member.
- 6. The social experience is terrific. You’ll be working with top caliber men and women from around the world!
- 7. Time Off: Six days off, 22 nights off, and a huge staff lounge in which to relax! In addition, we’re only: 130 miles from New York City, 12 miles from the Delaware river, and 40 miles from Scranton, PA for those who like to explore on their days off.
- 8. A beautiful 1200 acre campsite with top notch facilities available for your use. A summer spent in the great outdoors couldn't be better!
- 9. Travel allowance, pre and post camp work, college-credit, and gratuities are also some benefits you might want to consider.
- 10. Working at camp is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you build will stay with you long after the summer ends. Working at camp will make you a better person. And that you'll take with you wherever you go. Many staff members describe their employment at Camp Lohikan as the BEST summer of their life. You will too! Nothing will tug at your heart more than the memories from your camp years! Click here to read what other staff members have said about working at Lohikan.
- 11. An exceptional camp: Camp Lohikan is located in Lake Como, Pennsylvania, high in the northeast corner of the Pocono Mountains. The campsite sits on a hilltop surrounded by mountains covered with tall pine and hardwood forests and overlooks the camp's private lake and miles of endless mountain vistas.
Camp Lohikan has been owned and operated by the Buynak family since 1957. For 55 summers the Buynak Family and Camp Lohikan's staff have provided campers with a safe, caring environment in which to make friends, professional instruction to learn new skills and sharpen old ones, and a friendly camp atmosphere where FUN happens all the time!
Camp Lohikan operates 65+ activities on a daily basis. Professional instruction is provided in all of our Arts, Sports and Adventure activities. The camp occupies over 1200 acres and includes a private lake, heated swimming pool, 11 tennis courts with lights, 30 horse stable on premises, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, 6 regulation sport fields, performing arts center w/amphitheater, creative arts center w/14 workshops, gymnastics center (fully equipped plus bungee trampoline), 4 story circus center w/flying trapeze, adventure program site w/40' climbing tower, 3 zip lines, high & low ropes course, huge skate park and numerous other top-notch facilities.
Make a difference this summer.
Join us for your most rewarding summer!