On HOT days that is! Our swimming pool is HEATED so there's no worry about the water being cold for early morning "Polar Bear Club" swims or evening Pool Parties. The pool is set at perfect swimming temperatures all day long!!!
Lohikan's swimming pool is centrally located on the campsite and is primarily used in our swimming instruction program. All swimming instruction and free swims are scheduled at the pool.
Lohikan's swimming instruction program is operated according to the guidelines established by the American Red Cross and all instructors are ARC certified as WSI's and lifeguards. Campers earn ARC certifications and senior campers can receive training as pool lifeguards.
Swimming instruction describes a large part of the action up at the pool but there are a lot more fun pool activities which make the site very popular with our campers.
- At the pool you can join the swim team and participate in all of the fun of inter-camp swim rivalries!
- At the pool you can learn how to scuba dive!
- Free swims are scheduled daily at the pool. Put on your bathing suit and take a dip with your friends!
- Pool parties are scheduled throughout the summer. Get ready for the Hawaiian Pool Party, Caribbean Pool Party, California Pool Party and more!
- Special events in camp are always a lot of fun and special events at the pool are even better. Get ready for this summer's Water Carnival and pool events scheduled during Olympics and Tribal Survival. It's all happening at the pool!
- The Polar Bear Club, CPR and First-Aid Class and Swimming Lessons are also part of the pool program. There's a lot of fun things happening at the pool!
- Click here for our Aquatics Program Flyers.