60 Year Reputation!
Since 1957 Camp Lohikan has earned a reputation for its success with first-time campers. For over 60 years we've been making the first-time camp experience an easy, fun-filled and memorable life adventure! Our expertise is evident in all phases of the camp experience. You'll see it in the assistance we provide before camp, the care and attention we devote during the summer and our dedication even after the season has ended. First-Time Campers are our specialty!
- A comprehensive Parent's Handbook is supplied after
enrollment which contains all of the information you'll need to make camp
preparations easy and manageable. From tips on how to prepare your child for
the first-time camp experience to guidelines as to what to bring to camp...
Our Parent's Handbook covers everything!
- Our Spring Open House provides newcomers with the
perfect opportunity to familiarize themselves with the camp and its
facilities. Campers get to meet our staff members and directors as well as
other new campers.
- Lohikan's Pen Pal Program puts newcomers in touch
with other Lohikan campers which helps sow the seeds of camp friendship even
before the season begins!
- Many times campers like to talk and meet with new
camp friends before camp. Lists of campers living nearby and lists of
campers assigned to the newcomer's cabin are made available in early spring.
- Play the Map Game! First-Time Campers can
familiarize themselves with the camp layout and program offerings even
before stepping foot on camp grounds! Click
here for the Map Game.
- Parents of newcomers appreciate the fact that our office staff is always available to answer questions and offer friendly advice. If you have a question, call us. We're here to help!
- As soon as the camper arrives in camp he/she is under
the care and attention of an adult member of our Senior Staff. These are
child care specialists who work directly with our campers and include our
camp directors, assistant directors, division directors (We have twelve!),
group leaders & unit leaders.
- At least 50% of our counselor staff are returning Lohikan Staff Members experienced in meeting the needs of first-time campers.
- New campers are assigned to cabins where there are at
least three first-time "Lohikan" campers.
- Lohikan has a reputation of being a relaxed, friendly
camp where it's very easy to "fit in".
- The Camper Profile Form (completed before camp by the
parents) helps our staff address specific parental concerns and summer goals
which increases the opportunity for a successful summer experience.
- For a camper to make a smooth transition to life away
from home it's imperative that the child be busy from morning until night
and involved in a program that's dynamic, engaging and a lot of fun. We
know of no other summer program that offers our range of daily activities,
our variety of evening activities or a more comprehensive schedule of
special events, trips, inter-camp games and tournaments!
- Sometimes it's helpful to enlist the aid of an older
experienced camper in the acclimatization process. Lohikan's Big Brother and
Big Sister Program allows interested older campers to help in making the
newcomers feel welcome and accepted.
- "Welcome Signs" are a Lohikan trademark!
- Camp friendships are what camp is all about. At
Lohikan we keep these camp friendships alive and thriving all winter long.
Newsletters keep our campers in touch with columns like: Camper Gossip,
Hellos & Messages, Photos from Camperland Reunions, and What's New at
Camp. The kids love getting the mail at home and they're fun to read too!
- Camp Lohikan promotes camper "get togethers"
before and after the season by providing the party refreshments, publishing
news about "get togethers" and including reunion photos in our
monthly newsletters. Campers love parties!
- Last but definitely not least, Camp Lohikan is the only camp that comes with the Great Camp Guarantee! No risk camping is here!
Click here for our First-Time Camper Program Flyer.
Details: Home | Camper Application | Sessions & Tuition | Camp Director | 1st Time Camper Program | Tuition Refund Guarantee | 1st to 4th Grade Campers | Facilities | Food Service-Menu | Travel Directions | Open House-Tour Dates | One Week Mini-Camp | International Campers | FAQ's | Camp Videos | Camp Map | Current Newsletter | Free Brochure | Contact Us
Programs: Daily Program | Junior Program | Elective Program | Teen Program | Events Calendar | Camp Trips | New Stuff | Clinics Program
Arts Programs: Creative Arts | Performing Arts | Music | Rock Band | Drama | Dance | Media Arts | Circus Arts/Flying Trapeze
Aquatics: Lake | Sailing & Windsurfing | Water Skiing | Tarzan Swing | Jet Skiing | Lake Park | Aquatic Adventure | Fishing | Pool Program | Scuba
Sports: Land Sports | Gymnastics | Cheerleading | Basketball | Baseball & Softball | Tennis | Soccer | Volleyball | Lacrosse | Golf | Roller Hockey | Archery & Riflery | Wrestling | Martial Arts | Track & Field | Weightlifting
Extreme Sports: Extreme Sports Program | Mountain Boarding | Skateboarding | Skate Park | ATV's-Quad Riding | Bungee Jumping | Paintball
Equestrian Program: Horseback Riding | Equestrian Clinic | Horse Care Clinic | Petting Zoo
Adventure Activities: High Ropes | Survival Camp | Adventure Program | Rock Climbing
Summer Clinics: Spy Camp | DJ Clinic | Circus Performance Clinic | Skate X-Games Clinic | Equestrian Clinic | Horse Care Clinic | Survival Camp | Competitive Tennis Clinic | Golf Clinic | High 5 Basketball Clinic | Cheerleading Clinic | Paintball Camp | Rock Band Clinic | Scuba Clinic